Become a New Member or Renew your Membership for the Rest of this Year at Half Price!
(Offer will be available only through the end of August)
Special Offer! Add your support to the Charlotte Folk Society for the rest of this year for 1/2 the fee! You'll be glad you did. In addition to helping us continue producing great free Monthly Gathering Concerts, you'll be able to keep up with all the important events and happenings in the Charlotte region, plus get the inside story on many special artists and artisans throughout the year!
- Join or Renew (online or by mail): here
- Members receive a monthly 16-22-page newsletter, including a
4-to-6 page calendar of concerts, festivals, workshops, and
dances throughout the state and beyond. This is the most
comprehensive listing in the Carolinas -- available only through
Folk Society membership. You can look at past newsletters here. If you'd like a
free sample in hardcopy, send an e-mail to Wanda Hubicki.
- Members may place free classified ads in three issues of the
- Members may place free ads on our website for their products, such as CDs, books, instruments, and handcrafts. They may also place free ads on the website for their services, such as performance, teaching lessons, etc
- House concerts are announced via the newsletter and emails to
House concerts are just exactly what they sound like: intimate,
small concerts in a person's home. Usually, these concerts
cater to no more than 50 people, and sometimes it is just 20 to
30 people, which makes for a very informal, relaxed atmosphere
to experience the music. Ticket prices are very reasonable. We
work hard to bring you a variety of musical talent via the
- Members receive discounts on purchases at The Violin Shoppe,
Wax Museum, and Woody’s (Rock Hill and York).
- Members are automatically eligible to use the services of the Sharonview Federal Credit Union.
Throughout the year, we often have other special opportunities
that benefit members; e.g. discounts on tickets to concerts by
If you have questions about the status of your membership, please contact
Membership Committee members Mary Shumway (704-957-2496); or Sue Eldridge (704-364-8858).