Become a New Member or Renew your Membership Today !
Add your support to the Charlotte Folk Society today. You'll be glad you did. In addition to helping us continue producing great free Monthly Gathering Concerts, you'll be able to keep up with all the important events and happenings in the Charlotte region, plus get the inside story on many special artists and artisans throughout the year!
- Join or Renew (online or by mail): here
- Members receive a monthly 16-22-page newsletter, including a
4-to-6 page calendar of concerts, festivals, workshops, and
dances throughout the state and beyond. This is the most
comprehensive listing in the Carolinas -- available only through
Folk Society membership. You can look at past newsletters here. If you'd like a
free sample in hardcopy, send an e-mail to Wanda Hubicki.
- Members may place free classified ads in three issues of the
- House concerts are announced via the newsletter and emails to
House concerts are just exactly what they sound like: intimate,
small concerts in a person's home. Usually, these concerts
cater to no more than 50 people, and sometimes it is just 20 to
30 people, which makes for a very informal, relaxed atmosphere
to experience the music. Ticket prices are very reasonable. We
work hard to bring you a variety of musical talent via the
- Members receive discounts on purchases at participating area
- Members may place free ads on The
Folk Society Marketplace page of our website for their
products, and services. Ads may be for CDs, books, instruments,
- Members may place free ads for their services, such as
performance, teaching lessons, etc.
Throughout the year, we often have other special opportunities
that benefit members; e.g. discounts on tickets to concerts by